Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Homemade Pizza

I love to make homemade pizzas. I found a great recipe for pizza dough at simplyrecipes.com/recipes/homemade_pizza/, one of my favorite cooking blogs. It is easy to make and tastes just as good as any restaurant pizza that I have had. This recipe makes enough dough for two pizzas, so I usually freeze half of it to use later.

Homemade pizzas are quite a bit cheaper than ordering from a restaurant. Depending on the toppings I choose, I can usually make a pizza for under $4.00. Plus, they are just fun to make. And the best part is, Ada will eat anything if it is on a pizza, so she gets a healthy meal without realizing it!

I love experimenting with different toppings. Spinach, squash, and colorful bell peppers are just a few of my favorites. But my all time favorite is inspired by a small pizza place here in town called Dewey's. They include goat cheese, minced garlic, pesto, artichokes, and mushrooms. It is absolutely delicious. Now that I have had it, pizza just isn't the same without goat cheese. It is a bit expensive though, so we only have it for a special treat. Usually with a bottle of red wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment